Cartoonishly-Looking Icons in 1P8

Options

I’m sorry to say it but I feel the icons in 1Password 8 is pretty cartoon-like/childish…

I don’t remember if every single icon has been replaced, but at least "All Categories", "Favorites" and "Watchtower" I don’t really like. I don’t like the green color for the tags ether. I think you should update to a more "modern-looking" and not so "in your face" icon set throughout the app.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DitchComfort!

Thank you for the feedback! The Favorites icon looks the same as it was in 1Password 7, the other two look new, since I don't see icons for All Categories and Watchtower in 1Password for Mac version 7, they were just headings in that version:

• DitchComfort
    DitchComfort
    Community Member
    Options

Okey. I don’t know exactly what it is, but something doesn’t feel right, IMO. Perhaps the strong colors… I like a more subtle feel to it, or maybe grayish colors or something.

• ramblingpolak
    ramblingpolak
    Community Member
    Options

I think this is what the OP is referring to. The IP8 sidebar is def more colorful and tbh, I think this is a great visual improvement. While I would echo some of the other voices on here about 1P8 performance being... not up to par (esp rendering speed), I do appreciate a lot of the design changes I'm seeing so far.

screenshot

• Ben
    Options

Thank you both for the feedback! It is great to hear about the points folks like (and sometimes the ones they don't like). 😀It is especially an interesting challenge when there are diametrically opposed points of view. We'll continue to evaluate how to best present the information in 1Password in a helpful and visually appealing UI.

Ben

• DitchComfort
    DitchComfort
    Community Member
    Options

Yes and thank you for doing the best possible.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

• wdl0355
    wdl0355
    Community Member
    Options

I also find the category icons a bit intense. I know you can't cater to everyone's individual preferences, but I prefer the original icons.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, @wdl0355. :+1:

Ben

• DavidMRColeman
    DavidMRColeman
    Community Member
    Options

v8 on macOS. I'm suddenly faced with an ugly little cartoon with three faces I don't want to look at.

How do I get rid of this ugly little cartoon frame as quickly as possible?

• Hi @DavidMRColeman 👋

I'm suddenly faced with an ugly little cartoon with three faces I don't want to look at.

Sorry - what is this referring to? Can you describe a little more about this?

• DavidMRColeman
    DavidMRColeman
    Community Member
    Options

Since upgrading to v8 for macOS, In my 1Password application, far left upper, immediately to the left of my ID, is a little cartoon-like picture with 4 ugly faces staring at me. That is very annoying. How do I get ride of that cartoon box?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2022
    Options

@DavidMRColeman

Are you referring to the icon on the 1Password 8 lock screen? If so, this comes from https://start.1password.com/settings/account (for 1Password Families & 1Password Teams / Business). For individual accounts it is from https://start.1password.com/profile
    (and can be modified on the respective page)

I hope that helps.

Ben

• DavidMRColeman
    DavidMRColeman
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,
    Yes, that one. Elsewhere Rachael D.C. responded and told me how to change it., which I did.
    Thanks,
    Dave Coleman
    p.s.: I don't ever want to run into Microsoft Bob again.

• PeterG_1P
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi @DavidMRColeman, thanks for letting us know that you've got it changed (and my apologies earlier for missing your meaning). We hope you enjoy the app experience from here, and we're here for any further questions or feedback.

This discussion has been closed.