how can you edit the item's category

Options
lenbanks1964
lenbanks1964
Community Member

The new update is nice on so many levels but one area that is frustrating is that you created an all new organizing structure with your categories that for the moment doesn't match the desktop version. I am sure that will change with the new desktop update coming and that will help us to not be fractured. But the more bothersome part is that things are not where they should be. All the items in my desktop "Account" category were spread out into new categories in the mobile version. So now all of my email accounts and IM accounts and a few other things were consolidated into the Logins category. I know there is an email account category, but none of my items went there even though they were set up as email accounts and IM accounts respectively. Then there are things that ended up in memberships, like my insurance accounts, and some travel items. There doesn't seem to be any way in the edit screen to select a different category. Please help!

Comments

• lenbanks1964
    lenbanks1964
    Community Member
    Options

I have discovered you partially answered my question in another post in that item type or category can not be changed. That just seems odd to me this can't be accomplished. You are correct in other posts that this is not the answer we want to hear. While you may not have full item type customization, one should easily be able to change the item type within the ones you do offer. This is unacceptable.

So then this highlights a possible bug with the new iOS version in that my email accounts were set up as that item type in the desktop version and still were merged with the logins instead of "email accounts" category.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi lenbanks1964,

You are absolutely correct. It is a bit confusing right now before 1Password 4 for Mac launches and brings "category parity" with 1Password 4 for iOS.

Old email Accounts items were transitioned to Login items since almost all email accounts these days are also accessible via a website. The new Email Account items are really only for storing server data for setting up a desktop mail client.

We'll definitely work to improve this transition as we prepare 1Password 4 for Mac.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with in the meantime.

This discussion has been closed.