Click-through bug in 1Password Mac 7.8.7

Options
natb
natb
Community Member

Bug:
When 1Password Mac is a background application and I click the mouse cursor on the 1Password window to bring it to the foreground, if where I click corresponds with one of the new giant target areas (like the password field or a website address) or one of the dropdown-menu arrows associated with those fields, it both foregrounds 1Password and does whatever clicking on that area would do if it were the focused window prior to the click.

Expected behavior:
Click events are never passed to a background window. Clicking on a background window, no matter where on the window, only focuses the window and, if not already in the front, brings it to the front.

Other details:
Not sure how many versions of 1Password this applies to, since I typically do most of my interactions through the browser plugin, rather than directly in 1Password Mac. So this might've been going on for a while, and I just didn't happen to do anything to reveal the problem.

(Apologies if this isn't the best place, but I couldn't find a dedicated bug-reporting location.)

1Password Version: 7.8.7 (70807004)
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Referrer: forum-search:1password mac registers clicks when in background

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @natb!

Thank you for the report! Can you share the URL of a website where this is happening, so we can test this too?

• Nhat_Nguyen
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hello @natb,

Thank you for letting us know about the unexpected behaviour or 1Password. Indeed, selecting an option on the item details menu in the 1Password desktop app will activate that option even when the app is in the background. It is hard to say if it is a bug, but it only affects the item details menu and not other parts of the app, so I will transfer this to the development team for further investigation.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please stay up to date with the latest version of 1Password. That is the best way to get all the fixes and features we offer.

Best regards,

Nhat Nguyen.
    https://support.1password.com/

ref: dev/core/core#9807

This discussion has been closed.