Enhancement to ignore (e..g.) re-used passwords

There are times when I am required by my hosting service to have the same password (for example, for a cPanel Control Panel login and a WHM login). On those occasions it would be good to b e able mark the re-use as legitimate and not to come up in the Watchtower list.

Jim

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• DitchComfort
    DitchComfort
    Community Member

Ahhh this would have been a really really great feature :+1:

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

I'd love a way to tell the app that sometimes a reused password is fine.

I have a similar issue with passwords that I store for family members or clients. I don't have the authority to change their passwords or add two factor authentication to them so being able to stop being nagged about both items would be amazing.

• Hey all! I definitely understand there are times when the passwords we store are beyond our control in some way and, as much as we'd like to, we can't address the actual root issue Watchtower is presenting. I know I have a few family items myself that I'd like to change but currently can't. I'll be sure to let the team know you'd like a way to ignore items in Watchtower. :smile:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member

Email Account items and webmail Login items is another area where you would legitimately have the same password used, as it's the same details just one for logging into a webmail website, and one for the account details to setup an email program.

Unfortunately, 1Password's Email Account item type doesn't seem to allow you to enter a (webmail) URL that will Open and fill the associated username and password - unless its not obvious how to do... If you could add the webmail URL for autofill to an Email Account item then you could just have one item in 1PW for both.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@snozdop:

If you could add the webmail URL for autofill to an Email Account item then you could just have one item in 1PW for both.

If it can help, I do this the other way around: I use a Login item where I add a custom section with the email fields. This way, I can both fill the credentials for the webmail, and I only keep one item.

Customize your 1Password items

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    edited September 2021

@ag_ana Thanks. Yes I have considered doing that, it's just that as there's a dedicated and specific Email Accounts category (with the relevant email server/port etc. fields already included) it seems more appropriate to use that for items that are actual email accounts rather than the more generic Logins category.

Adding a single (go and fill enabled) webmail URL field to the Email Accounts category would be considerably less work than having to add 8 or more custom fields and labels (imap server, imap port, security, smtp server, smtp port, security, auth method) to every email account login.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@snozdop:

Understood, I have sent your feedback to the developers :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#33

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member

@ag_ana Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @snozdop :)

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member

Is there a way to get an update on customer feature requests i.e. to know whether they've been discussed by the developers yet, have been added to the TO DO list, or have just been rejected? Thanks.

• Hey @snozdop:

Generally speaking we tend to keep things pretty close to the vest. We're constantly iterating and making improvements, which includes continually evaluating and revisiting feature requests.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.