1PW Recovery (Families) on new 1PW8

Options

Hi,

I have looked through the features list of the new 1PW and was most intirgued by the new 'recovery engine'

How does this differ to the current family organiser set up? or is it just the same thing with a different process? I would be intrigued as to knowing if I would need to change my current set up or if there wouldn't actually be a benefit?

Thanks

Z

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Zaka_7

Could you please point me to what you're referring to? Where did you see this mentioned? I want to be sure we're talking about the same thing. :) Thanks!

Ben

• Zaka7
    Zaka7
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben

Of course. It’s in the 1PW8 for Mac Blog.

It says this under next gen data recovery:

“And if you’re a 1Password Families or Business customer, you can now give specific friends, colleagues, or family members the ability to recover your account should you forget your password. (They will still never have access to your data.)”

Z

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the context @Zaka_7. This is a reference to the existing recovery feature:

Recover accounts for family or team members

This line was included for those who are still accustom to standalone setups, where no recovery is possible. I hope that helps clarify. Thanks!

Ben

• Zaka7
    Zaka7
    Community Member
    Options

Brilliant. Thanks @Ben I read it as though it was a new feature. No change for me then :)

• Ben
    Options

You're welcome :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.