1p won't fill login for MS/Live

Options
Angelfire
Angelfire
Community Member
edited August 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello. I have a saved login for Microsoft but when I try to log into my MS account, it presents a popup and 1p will not populate the password field. I cannot even copy/paste it in. Do you have a particular website to list for these popups (I can't see them)? I currently have login.live.com and login.microsoftonline.com

I'm on Big Sur if that matters.

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: 7.8.7
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Angelfire
    Angelfire
    Community Member
    Options

Apologies as I intended to post this in the Mac forum.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Angelfire:

No worries at all, you are in the right category of the forum at the moment, since you are reporting a website filling issue ;)

Can you confirm what browser you are currently using?

• Angelfire
    Angelfire
    Community Member
    Options

The was in Safari. Just for my curiosity, I’ll try on a Win10/Edge system this morning too

• Hello @Angelfire,

Thank you for the information. Since I have no trouble filling MS account using 1Password on my end. Please send us the exact link you use to log in to your MS account to ensure that we are on the same page. I will do some tests and get back with what I find.

• Angelfire
    Angelfire
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I have confirmed that 1P seems to work fine in both Win10/Edge and Big Sur/Safari as long as I surf to login.live.com; When I am prompted by Onenote to login in however, it falls apart. Attached is a screenshot of what I get and clearly there is no 1P option to autofill the password field (the username is already populated when this pop up appears). So I think the real question is whether 1P can work with OneNote when it requests a sign in? Given I can't copy/paste either, it's a real problem if not.

• Hello @Angelfire,

Thank you for the additional information. I don't have issues filling on Windows. That said, please let me know the popup shows up when you use OneNote's desktop app or OneNote website on your browser.

If you Sign in to OneNote on a browser, I confirm that Safari indeed does not suggest or show the inline menu. You can try another browser on your Mac such as Edge, Chrome or Firefox to fill in OneNote. If you want to keep using Safari on your Mac, you can try these steps to create a OneNote item and let me know how it works.

Open the 1Password desktop app > Select the plus icon in the menu bar > Enter your MS account's email and password > Paste this link to the Website: https://www.onenote.com/hrd?wdorigin=ondcauth2&wdorigin=ondcnotebooks > Save. When you need to sign in to OneNote, you can select the 1Password icon in Safari and select Autofill on the OneNote login item we just create there.

Best regards,

Nhat Nguyen.
    https://support.1password.com/

• Angelfire
    Angelfire
    Community Member
    Options

You make a good point, I am seeing this issue when trying to log into the OneNote app.
    Thanks.

• Hello @Angelfire,

You are very welcome. Please feel free to give me a shout if you need anything, and have a great week.

This discussion has been closed.