Menus are non-functional after update

Options

Updated to the latest 1Password 8 for Mac, and now the About 1Password, Preferences, Check for Updates menus no longer function.

1Password Version: 8.2.2-19.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12b6

Comments

• sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member
    Options

I quit the app and relaunched it. The 1Password menu remained highlighted. The menus now function however, other than the improperly highlighted menu

• ag_tommy
    edited September 2021
    Options

@sriggins

I am not seeing that behavior. I think I saw you moved to the nightlies somewhere. 🤔 Is that the case? Or are you still on the beta? Maybe I am mistaken and it was another user. Thanks.

• sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member
    Options

I am on the betas.

• Thanks for confirming @sriggins. I tested this on both the most recent beta as well as the nightly build from last night and I wasn't able to get the 1Password menu to remain highlighted when it shouldn't be. If you restart your Mac does the behavior persist? Perhaps worthy of note is that I have seen this in the past with other non-1Password applications, and logging out or restarting the Mac has generally been the fix for me. If you find the circumstances under which this happens (ideally repeatably) please do let us know. We'll keep our eyes out for it as well.

Thanks!

Ben

• sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member
    Options

It happened the one time after launching after update. I saw this on the initial release with the File menu as well. I’ve never seen this in another Mac app, anecdotally.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sriggins:

Perhaps I have found a way to reproduce this. Is this the way the menu looked to you?

• sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member
    Options

Yep! And the first time was the File menu

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2021
    Options

@sriggins:

Thank you for the confirmation! I cannot reliably reproduce it all the time, so I will try to find a way to make it happen every single time, so our developers can take a look :+1:

ref: dev/core/core#6126

• kmkoni
    kmkoni
    Community Member
    Options

I see this consistently with the File menu, each time I click the dock icon.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for letting us know @kmkoni, I will let the developers know that you are also seeing this :+1:

• kmkoni
    kmkoni
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_ana! Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide to help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kmkoni:

Thank you! I think our developers have enough information at the moment, but we will certainly reach out to you in case they need any information :+1:

• kmkoni
    kmkoni
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana, I noticed a bit more information about this bug.

If I close the 1P window using the mouse, there is no cosmetic effect on the menu bar after relaunching.

But if I close it using the keyboard (ie. cmd-w), the File menu is highlighted on relaunch.

If I close it using cmd-q, the 1Password menu is highlighted on relaunch.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kmkoni:

Thank you! I have added your message to the internal issue that we are using to track this :+1:

This discussion has been closed.