kEND__

Options
kEND__
kEND__
Community Member
edited September 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Posting this in Mac, b/c it seems like the right place, but....

Prior to a recent update of browser extensions, I was able navigate multiple web apps and sites, logging in and out, using 1password to fill in credentials, on all browsers on my mac WITHOUT clicking or moving a mouse.

With the new extensions, I'm forced to focus on a form field and then physically move my mouse to click the open 1 password. Cmd + \ used to do the trick. Cmd + \ and then type in my master password and then to submit the form because the 1password creds were already in place.

Is there something I need to do to get this functionality back. I can't say it is unusable, but it is very, very annoying to have my workflow change so drastically. (carpel tunnel is a thing.)

Thanks. Love you product. Been using it from the beginning. Please help.

kEND

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8.7 (70807004) 1Password Sto
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: 10.14.6

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @kEND__ ,
    Thank you for taking the time to write to us about this.

The new 1Password in the browser is indeed a tad different, but we have some improvements in store to make it a bit more similar to the experience of the classic extension you are used to.

Currently, if you press CMD+\ and 1Password is locked, nothing will happen. You can call the extension using its own keyboard shortcut. By default, the shortcut is CMD+SHIFT+X on Chromium browsers, and CMD+. on Firefox. That'll allow you to unlock the extension without the help of your mouse. You can change that default shortcut in the extension's settings page, but you might need to try several different shortcuts until you find one that is available and that works in your browser.

If 1Password is unlocked, you can press CMD+\ to autofill if you have a single login item for that website and that will work. However, if you have more than one login item for that website, currently 1Password won't do anything. This is to be improved in the next update or two :)

The end goal for us would be to have a single shortcut that allows you to unlock 1Password and autofill with a single action, so do keep your apps up to date and stay tuned!

• kEND__
    kEND__
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Yaron, you are welcome @kEND__! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.