Watchtower Breach Report

Options
jl812
jl812
Community Member

I'm new to 1Password and am exploring all aspects of the application. The problem I'm going to describe was the basis of a question on this forum in 2018 and 2020 with no clear resolution.

I create a Breach Report and it shows 3 items. Two relate to accounts where the password has been updated since the breach and it correctly advises that no action is required. The third shows the exposure of an email address in a breach of evite.com in August 2013. I have never had an account with evite.com and I am confident that my email was essentially part of a "mailing list" that an evite.com user added my address for the purpose of eviting me to some event. As such my email address was not associated with a password and does not represent a potential security threat.

I cannot find any method of clearing / changing the status of the alert other than creating an account for the site and then changing the password for the non-existent account. I'm sure that is not the intended process but I can't find another method. Can you advise an alternate way to deal with this issue or can you request an addition to Watchtower that would allow a user to deal with this type of alert.

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Win 10 Pro

This discussion has been closed.