Keyboard shortcut conflict with Apple Notes

Options

While 1Password 8 Beta is running, using the Apple Notes keyboard shortcut cmd-| brings up 1Password instead of centering text.

I don't even see cmd-| listed anywhere as a shortcut for 1Password, however if I quit 1Password completely it behaves as it should in Notes.

1Password Version: 8.2.2-19
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12 public beta 8

Comments

• ag_chantelle
    edited September 2021
    Options

@LeeButler

It sounds like the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut for 1Password is interfering with the shortcut you have set for Apple Notes. If you change the keyboard shortcut for 1Password to "Fill in Browser" to something different, under Preferences > General, do you still experience the same conflict?

• LeeButler
    LeeButler
    Community Member
    Options

I already changed "Fill in Browser" to ctl-alt-cmd-P in a previous attempt at fixing this. This issue is 100% reproducible on my MacOS system.

• @LeeButler

Thanks for confirming. You're right, I can reproduce this on my end as well. It is somehow triggering the shortcut to bring 1Password to front, even though the keys pressed are in a different order. Notes is Shift+Command+| and 1Password is Command+Shift+\. Even when you adjust the shortcut in 1Password, it seems like it's ignoring the keybinding here. I'll be sure to report this to our development team. I apologize for the disruption to your workflow here.

ref: dev/core/core#5478

This discussion has been closed.