1P 8 for Mac couple of regressions from 7 that break my workflow.

Options
tomekkopczuk
tomekkopczuk
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Been gathering a list of things that break my workflows over a longer period of time, to filter out the ones that were just "being used to it being that way".

Here's the list of things that still keep bothering me, and are regressions to 1P 7:

1) App specific-context in the Quick Search.

Situation - PDF passwords in Preview / digital signature apps (PIN codes), etc.

Before - Click mini - passwords are right there, prefiltered, just the ones you need.
Now - Well, god knows. Quick Search doesn't even search through the app names / bundle names.

This one is really breaking for me.

2) Quick search lacks details compared to the mini, crippling my ability to find the right password.

Situation - I've got tons, and I mean tons of passwords. Eg. over 20 for AWS alone. Not all perfectly titled.

Before - Click mini, write "AWS", quickly arrow down through a couple to find the right one by one of the fields I remember (client name / account id - one of those will click - I rarely use most of them, so it'd be next ot impossible to figure out a bulletproof title).
Now - Quick search, write AWS, enter on the first one, new window opens, shit, not that one,Quick search, write AWS, enter on the second one, new window opens, ad nauseam.

Potential solution - Open full 1Password by rmb on the tray icon. Well - but main 1P doesn't just filter the results instantaneously as you write!
In fact it doubles as QS. I really don't like that.

Potential solution 2 - Use Safari extension that behaves like the old mini. Cool, but I don't live in the browser, I'm not going to open Safari just for that. Not to mention the extension's UI is much less fluid and performant than 1P7. Well, 1P8 is also much less fluid and performant, but not as much as the extension (both monterey and big sur).

3) Quick Search loses focus often.

Open up quick search, start writing - shit - another app gets focus. Suddenly, after anything between 2 characters written in the QS, all the others end up in the app that suddenly got focus in the background.

It happens very often (3-4 times a day per ~30 uses), never happens with 1P 7.

4) Can't edit from the QS.

Adding new fields / passwords to existing items just seems very tedious now.

What's the recommended flow for the user here?

5) The fonts are way way way way too big. Everywhere.

Much less is visible in the UI now on one screen, great waste of real estate, please don't go that way, it's a utility app not a startup landing page. Think Excel.

PS to the devs: Great job on the best performing Electron app out there, I know how much effort and time it took. I don't agree with the decision, but I respect what you've done within the constraints given by the management. Well done guys, engineer to engineer.

1Password Version: 8.2.2-19.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: maxOS 12.0

This discussion has been closed.