Microsoft Edge on macOS extension not working

wintech147
wintech147
Community Member
edited September 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi all! I am a long time Windows user and just recently procured an M1 mac to play around with. I very much live in the Microsoft world so I quickly installed Microsoft Edge along side my beloved 1Password however the extension in Edge will not unlock or open at all when the macOS 1Password app is open. If I close the mac app entirely then the extension works and asks me to sign in which is not what I want of course (I want that sweet integration like on my Windows device). I do have the app integration setting turned on so not sure what else could be happening. Any one else seeing this behavior?

Microsoft Edge Version: 93.0.961.38 (Official build) (arm64)

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: macOS 11.5.2

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wintech147!

I very much live in the Microsoft world so I quickly installed Microsoft Edge along side my beloved 1Password however the extension in Edge will not unlock or open at all when the macOS 1Password app is open.

Can you please elaborate? Do you get an error message at this point, or does the extension unlock forever after you enter your password in it?

• wintech147
    wintech147
    Community Member

Sure thing! Essentially the extension in Edge just does nothing when you click on it but shows the little lock icon even though the macOS desktop app is unlocked and working from the menu bar no problem. I can click on the extension icon all day long and it does nothing. I even tried turning it off and back on, removing and reinstalling, no difference.

Then if I close the macOS desktop 1Password app (completely quit) and click on the extension in Edge it then works but goes to the extension login page. I open the desktop app again and the extension stops doing anything again and is still locked.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wintech147:

Thank you for the additional details! Can you please send us some logs so we can take a closer look for you?

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.