1Password 8 not automatically prompting to save new logins

Options

1Password 8 is not automatically prompting me to save new logins like previous versions have. If I'm creating a new account and I use the randomly generated password, a window will pop up asking to save. But if I'm logging into an existing account that is not saved it doesn't automatically prompt me to save. I've tried this is Safari, Chrome, and Firefox and it's not working in any of them, so I wasn't sure if the feature was removed. I'm also running the macOS Monterey Beta, so that might also have something to do with it.

1Password Version: 8.2.2-23
Extension Version: 2.0.6
OS Version: macOS 12.0

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @taxidriver1138!

But if I'm logging into an existing account that is not saved it doesn't automatically prompt me to save. I've tried this is Safari, Chrome, and Firefox and it's not working in any of them, so I wasn't sure if the feature was removed.

This behavior comes from the browser extension, rather than from the 1Password app. Only the old Classic extension worked this way, but the latest version of the 1Password browser extension has worked like this even in 1Password 7 (meaning that you need to save the credentials before you login, rather than after).

This discussion has been closed.