[ Auto-Fill Issue ] Epic Games

Autofill via the pop-up menu upon field focus doesn't work.

Steps to Reproduce

Actual result:

No login details are autofilled

Expected result:

Login details are autofilled

What works:

You can autofill by clicking the "Autofill" on the Account Login if you open the 1Password via the Browser Extension Toolbar.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Windows 10 x64

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @E29037CB!

Thank you for the report! This is a known website to our developers, hopefully they will be able to find a workaround :+1:

ref: dev/core/core#1088

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I'm using copy & paste to fill in the credentials on this site. But it would be great if your devs could fix this @ag_ana ! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DenalB:

Indeed :+1: As a workaround, as E29037CB wrote, this might be quicker than copy pasting:

You can autofill by clicking the "Autofill" on the Account Login if you open the 1Password via the Browser Extension Toolbar.

• straypet
    straypet
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

Any progress on this? As a developer working with Unreal Engine I have to put in these login credentials A LOT. :|

• Hey @straypet:

Nothing to share just yet, but I've added your input to the issue mentioned above. Additionally, using the 1Password pop-up to Autofill your information should work fine:

Let me know how that goes!

Jack

• benmarsh
    benmarsh
    Community Member

Has there been any progress on identifying the problem with this? I understand there is a workaround, but it doesn't seem to be an issue with the built in Chrome or Safari password managers, nor with LastPass.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @benmarsh our developers have taken a look at this. The issue is that the EpicGames site makes use of a focus trap, which can affect how our inline menu fills. There are other sites where this behavior also exists, and we're tracking them as we go. Our goal is indeed to improve on how the inline menu behaves with focus traps. However, we do not yet have a solution at this time.

Though I can't make any promises, I'll make sure to check in with our developers about this. In meantime, I recommend the workaround that Jack shared. Hopefully, that can help you fill for the time being.

This discussion has been closed.