Way to recognise request for email address or username in login field?

alxndr
alxndr
Community Member

Hello all,
I have a few internet accounts that ask for either my username or my email address for login purposes. This depends on which pages I'm trying to access. As an example, my university requires I login to its services using my username. However, because my account is also linked to a Microsoft 365 account I also at times have to use my email address to login in to Microsoft related sites.

At the moment, for accounts like this, I have two different 1Password entries one that has my username in 1Password's "username" field and the other where I have my email address in the same field. I have to double check I'm using the right entry for each login page.

It's a small niggle, but I'd love to have just one entry and for 1Password to recognise whether it's the email address or the username that's needed. This would avoid having to update both passwords if/when I change my password and just be a bit neater.

Sorry , not east to explain but hopefully the above is clear. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Alex

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: MacOS 11.5.2

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @alxndr!

At the moment, for accounts like this, I have two different 1Password entries one that has my username in 1Password's "username" field and the other where I have my email address in the same field.

At the moment this is the best way to handle these websites, but I can tell you that our developers have an open issue to discuss this, so I will let them know that you would also find it useful if they found a way to make these websites easier to login to :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#16

• alxndr
    alxndr
    Community Member

Thank you, and helpful to know.
    Thank you to you and the team for a fantastic and indispensable application.
    Alex

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @alxndr, and thank you for the kind words :)

If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.