Feature request: Allow resizing of 1Password X extension dropdown

I'm a web developer who does contract work for a wide variety of clients, so I store a large number of usernames/passwords for each client. Things like website passwords, CRM passwords, FTP passwords, database passwords, etc. The obvious way to store this stuff in 1Password is like this:

• Really Cool Company Name - Website
  • Really Cool Company Name - CRM
  • Really Cool Company Name - FTP
  • Really Cool Company Name - Database (Dev)
  • Really Cool Company Name - Database (Stg)
  • Really Cool Company Name - Database (Prod)

Unfortunately, this means when I open the 1Password extension, the only thing I see for all of these entries is "Really Cool Comp...". It's a constant annoyance and frustration throughout my workday to have a 1920px wide monitor, but then have the extension only using a tiny 600px portion and cutting off all of the useful text. I have to click each item (or hover over the titles and wait) to see what password item I'm looking at. I would love to be able to see the full titles at a glance.

It seems like it would be pretty easy to add an option to change the width of the dropdown. I hacked it in myself in a matter of minutes using Chrome's Dev Tools on a single page instance, but unfortunately I can't make my hack permanent because Chrome disables the extension if I edit the 1Password X extension source files.

Is there any way we can get an "Extension Size" option added to the 1Password X options? I would love to make the dropdown 1000px wide or more. If we could dynamically resize it, that would be even better. Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @theremin:

Thanks for your feedback! While I can't make any promises on anything, I do see that this is something we're tracking internally. I'll add your thoughts to the issue.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#285

• digisam
    digisam
    Community Member

It's a +1 from me as well. the narrow columns and larger font size make it unusable for me

• Thanks for chiming in @digisam, we'll be sure to add your name to the list of users who would like to see this! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.