Making "Hide on Page" persistent

WaldenL
WaldenL
Community Member
edited September 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Can the "Hide on Page" be made persistent? There are pages/sites where I don't want to be prompted by 1Password. Under the "old" model of hitting Ctrl-\ to bring up 1P this was simple, don't hit the magic-keys. But under the new in-browser model it's very annoying to have the constant popup. The "Hide on Page" option is exactly what is needed, however it seems to not remember the request. :-(

1Password Version: 8.2.2-39.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Win 10

Comments

• Hi @WaldenL

Can the "Hide on Page" be made persistent?

I can see how that could be useful. We have a feature request open on this subject, and I'll be happy to add your voice there.

Under the "old" model of hitting Ctrl-\ to bring up 1P this was simple, don't hit the magic-keys. But under the new in-browser model it's very annoying to have the constant popup. The "Hide on Page" option is exactly what is needed, however it seems to not remember the request.

If the "old" way is your preference, you can turn off the automatic display of the in-line menu entirely:

1. Right click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar
    2. Select Settings
    3. Turn off "Show autofill menu on field focus"

I hope that helps!

Ben

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#832

• WaldenL
    WaldenL
    Community Member

That's certainly an option, and maybe one I'll pursue, but I'm also trying to embrace the new ways. :-)
    And honestly after a bit of change-induced discomfort (I've used 1P for years!) I'm actually really liking the automatic prompting 99% of the time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the kind words @WaldenL, I am glad to hear that the automatic prompt is something you are liking more :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the kind words @WaldenL, I am glad to hear that the automatic prompt is something you are liking more :)

This discussion has been closed.