1pw on iPad keeps locking

Options
tommy
tommy
Community Member

1pw 7.7.8 on original iPad pro iOs14.8 autolock is set to 10 minutes and touch ID is enabled
However when entering login it is necessary yo use touch id for username and again for password after moving to next window
The same happens on iPhone XR with face ID
How do I fix this?

1Password Version: 7.7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPad OS 14.8
Referrer: forum-search:1pw on ipad

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tommy!

In your 1Password settings, do you perhaps have Lock on Exit enabled?

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @ag_ana

No I do not have Lock on Exit enabled. I have Auto-Lock 10 minutes (I changed it to 15 minutes) but time is under one minute

• Hi @tommy

Is this happening when accessing information in 1Password through Password AutoFill, e.g. while in Safari? If so, that is because by default Password AutoFill itself requires unlocking for each use, regardless of 1Password's settings. You can turn the lock state and unlock process over to 1Password from Password AutoFill by enabling the 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security > Always show lock screen for Password AutoFill setting. Then your 1Password settings will be applicable when accessing data via Password AutoFill.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @Ben
    That seems to work. I did two spot checks and after accepting the login in Safari it autofilled the pw without need to log back into 1pw.
    However. After signing out of the first, I immediately chose the second website but also has to reopen 1pw with touch id. Way before 10 minutes has passed

• @tommy

Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to reproduce the issue on my end. Would you be able to clarify what you mean by "After signing out of the first, I immediately chose the second website but also has to reopen 1pw with touch id."? Would it be possible for you to post steps that I can follow on my end to reproduce the issue like this:

1. Open Safari.
    2. Tap on the username field.
    3. Tap on the Password AutoFill prompt.
    4. Etc...

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

• tommy
    tommy
    Community Member
    Options

Sure
    1. Open Safari
    2. Tap on username field (where the password is on the next page)
    3. unlock 1pw with touch id
    4.tap on username and move to the next field
    5. tap on password
    6. I have to unlock 1pw again
    7. tap on password

So I have to admit I don't remember the web page where this happened nd when I tried to reproduce it now, I could not.
    As a matter of fact, after writing this I tried again and this time 1pw had not locked as it was in the 15 minute time frame I had set before locking.
    Go figure
    Do you know where the internet gremlins reside?

I guess it fixed itself. I agree to close this and hope I don't have to reopen the case
    Thank you

This discussion has been closed.