Switched from dashlane - Move to categories?

XPerties
XPerties
Community Member

So I imported all my data from dashlane and spent a couple hours editing the data because the import from dashlane didn't properly parse the correct fields using the csv file. Now I'm trying to figure out how to move items to their proper categories. Is this not a feature currently available? I would think such a highly rated app on the darknet would have a simple feature such as that.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2021

Hi @XPerties

Welcome to 1Password. Thanks for the question.

Categories are also what defines the fields that will be default on an item in addition to an organizational tool. As such, at present, it isn't possible to move an item from one category to another. I would imagine most items would've been imported as Login items? Login items in 1Password tend to be the most versatile as they, along with Identities and Credit Cards, can be filled into web forms. Items in other categories, such as Bank Accounts, Email Accounts, etc cannot generally be filled in your browser.

Our CSV importer can import Logins, Credit Cards, and Secure Notes: Move your data into your account on 1Password.com

With that said, I'll be happy to add your voice to our open feature request for the ability to be more flexible on this, and to allow items to be moved between categories.

I hope that helps.

Ben

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#137

This discussion has been closed.