Just left this review in the App Store

Options
ronron113
ronron113
Community Member

If you use the Share Extension in Safari to access 1Password, DO NOT UPDATE TO version 7.8. It has been removed in this update.

I don't know why they removed it. I used the share extension to (1)unlock 1Password from Safari without having to go into the 1Password app. This allowed me to type in my master password once and not have to keep typing it in each time I used the password auto fill. It's a pain to have to remember to go into the 1Password app to enter the master password upon restarting my phone, and using this trick ensured I didn't have to do that. (2) The share extension allowed me to fill in non-username/password form data that had previously been saved by the 1Password app on Safari and Mac, such as the "Remember Me" check boxes, frequent flyer number, last name, or whatever some websites require you to log in with in addition to a username and password. The password autofill feature only fills in the saved username and password for the website, not the extra saved form data. Now I need to manually open the 1Password app each time I want to log in to those websites and toggle between the app and Safari to get the form info.

I understand the new 1Password extension is included for iOS 15, but why not leave the Safari Share Extension as an option for those still on iOS 14 or lower? I wish there was a way to roll back to the previous version!

This discussion has been closed.