1P8 beta Safari extension requires 10.15

Options

I'm running Mojave with Safari 14—the best and latest Safari that this OS version is likely to see. Does the Safari extension need something that 10.14 doesn't offer, or was 10.15 just a starting point that you plan to tweak backwards?

What is the minimum OS version for the 1P8 Mac application itself: today in early-access and when it goes beta / production going to be?

/Marty

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14

Comments

• @MartyS

At the moment early access is currently only available in macOS 10.15 or later. While I can't say for sure whether we'll support older operating systems, I'd recommend keeping your eyes on our official release notes to confirm whether macOS 10.14 will be supported when we move to stable release.

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the confirmation. It would be helpful to put the minimum version info into the forum's announcement of how to install the early access software—that way I (and likely others too) wouldn't have gone down this path. :blush:

This also explains why the brand-new installer reported an error during installation of the 1P8 application. It gave no reason for the failure, just that it failed.

/Marty

• ag_chantelle
    edited September 2021
    Options

Thanks for the feedback @MartyS! I can certainly see the value of having minimum requirements clearly stated along the download links for Early Access. I'll be sure to share your sentiments with the team! I apologize for the confusion.

ref: dev/web/support.1password.com#2936

This discussion has been closed.