Problem with Fill in Browser global shortcut

Options
Azquelt
Azquelt
Community Member

With the 8.2.2-39 beta version of 1Password for Linux, 1password appears to swallow the Ctrl+- keyboard shortcut combination, which is quite annoying as I use that to zoom out in lots of applications.

The problem went away when I unbound the "Fill in Browser" shortcut (which is set by default set to Ctrl+\ ).

Interestingly, after unbinding that shortcut, I cannot rebind it to Ctrl+\, the settings dialog acts as if I have not pressed a key when I type \ .

Possibly relevant: I'm using a UK keyboard so \ is on the key between Left-shift and Z (which isn't present on US/ANSI keyboards).

On the latest beta 8.2.2-57, I still can't rebind Fill in Browser to Ctrl+\ . I'm not sure how to reset my settings so I'm not sure if the original issue of swallowing Ctrl+- still exists.

1Password Version: 8.2.2-39.BETA
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Linux Fedora 34

Comments

• Hi @Azquelt, thanks for informing us about this. We'll see if we can replicate it and figure out what might be going on here. We appreciate you letting us know!

• Hey @Azquelt we've been able to reproduce this on our end using a UK keyboard - I appreciate you taking the time to report this. I've passed this to our development team so that we can investigate further.

In the interim period, you will be able to use shortcuts normally if you customize the key bindings you're looking to use with your shortcuts.

ref: dev/core/core#10038

This discussion has been closed.