Having same problem as jkpsmith

Options
tw1passfan
tw1passfan
Community Member

I’m a several-year 1Password user for my iPad Air. Last night I tried to log into a site and did not find my 1Password icon in the dropdown where I usually find it. When I tried to open 1Password from my “desktop” icon, it flashes like it’s opening but then disappears. Never stays on long enough to get to a sign-on screen. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @tw1passfan:

Thanks for letting us know. To confirm, is your iPad Air currently on iOS 12.x.x? If so, we're actively tracking and investigating this.

As a side note, if your iPad is able to update to a newer version of iOS, we do highly recommend that for the latest security fixes. Additionally, we're not seeing any reports of this crash on the latest versions of iOS, so you should be able to open 1Password again if you're able to update your iPad.

Cheers!

• tw1passfan
    tw1passfan
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Jack. Yes I'm on 12.5.4. Ipad A1474. I will check if there is an update; nothing has been pushed out that I know of. Thanks much!

• Thanks for getting back to me @tw1passfan.

Looks like you may not be able to update your iPad to any newer versions of iOS/iPadOS. Given that, I appreciate your patience and I'll update you as soon as I have more information.

Jack

• bald_eagle
    bald_eagle
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. IPad Air on iOS 12.5.4 and 1Password 7.8. Tap on 1Password icon, shows 1PW flash screen but doesn’t progress to logon screen. Flash screen disappears from Home Screen and can then be found in background apps but attempting to reopen from there gives same result. Rebooting the iPad has no effect nor does reinstalling the app. Hope you find a quick fix please as unusable at the moment.

• Hi @bald_eagle and @tw1passfan,

One of our founders, Dave, has posted an update on this situation here. If after installing the next update, when it becomes available, please send us an email at support@1password.com so we can troubleshoot further.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.