Watchtower Dashboard

Options

The Watchtower dashboard provides good metrics on the overall password strengths of the vault. However, there is no effective way to sort these groups other than for the Weak/Terrible categories - in other words, if I have 600 entries in the vault, 300 are Fantastic, 100 are Excellent 50 and very good 50 and Good and 100 are Fair... There is no easy way to filter the "Fair" passwords into a list so we can focus on cleaning up and improving those passwords. Maybe make the numbers that are next to the strength clickable to create a new filter list?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @feassarian:

Thanks for your input on this, and I can definitely see how looking for a specific password strength from Watchtower would be helpful. I do see we have an issue for this internally, so I've added your voice to the issue.

Cheers!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#817

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    Options

Adding another +1 to this.

It would be nice to be able to filter on each watchtower password category so that, for example, I could update all my "Fair" passwords

Whereas with the current UI I have no idea what those 10 fair passwords are..

• PeterG_1P
    edited October 2021
    Options

Thank you @defiant - we appreciate the feedback, and have included this in our existing issue around the topic! Many thanks 😀

• jefftb
    jefftb
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I love watchtower. I would like to be able to filer by vault. I have a shared vault that is not for accounts I manage (I am a backup), so I'd like to be able to only view my main vault in Watchtower and address the issues I can address.

• Hi @jefftb!

Thanks very much for providing your feedback. We're working a lot on improving the Watchtower dashboard in OP8 and as one of the designers on the project I wanted to say this is definitely an area we are looking into. It's super helpful to hear your use case - I completely understand only wanting to see the items with issues that you can fix and hopefully we can make this much easier for you in future :smile:

Cheers,
    Robbie

• jefftb
    jefftb
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Robbie. I did uncover the "Groups" feature, which, when I created a "group" with only my personal vault, it did then only show my Watchtower for that "group." A small workaround.

• fuchsr
    fuchsr
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this. At this point the report is borderline useless. Not only can I not group, I also can't sort. I have no idea in which order the logins get displayed. What makes it worse, is that under the heading Terrible, I actually have plenty of logins that show Fair next to the password, not terrible...

• Thanks for this, @fuchsr. We've included your comments here in our discussion around the issue. We want to make Watchtower as robust as possible, and appreciate your feedback!

• RustyIron
    RustyIron
    Community Member
    Options

The unnamed "good" and "fair" passwords have been a concern since Watchtower first started pointing them out. I'm guessing there is still no way to find out what they are?

• jefftb
    jefftb
    Community Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

I agree. I see weak and terrible are lumped into Weak Passwords and can be seen, but that is it.

• Hey @RustyIron and @jefftb:

I've added both of your feedback to the issue I mentioned above :+1: Thanks!

Jack

• PeterG_1P
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi @feassarian @defiant and @fuchsr - your request for this feature has now been made a part of 1Password! 🥳

The new feature is present in the latest Beta release, and you can find the details on that here:

https://1password.community/discussion/128543/beta-12-of-2022-is-now-available-️#latest

This release contains a number of other significant additions as well (customizable UI density, for starters!).

In any case, you can view a list of your passwords, sorted and labeled by Watchtower strength, by going to Watchtower, and clicking on the color-coded bar beneath "Overall Password Strength." This will open a list of your items, with a label at the top of each strength-rated grouping (so you'll find all your "fantastic" passwords first, and so on).

I hope this release is to your liking. Thanks for providing us with valuable feedback on the Betas so far, and we'll hope to keep impressing you with updates ahead!

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    Options

Nice @PeterG_1P looks good

• feassarian
    feassarian
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

Awesome news! I just looked and saw it! Keep pumping out an amazing product, the team rocks!

• jefftb
    jefftb
    Community Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

Unless I am doing something wrong, this is not working for me. I am on Beta 80700041. I can hover over my "terrible" passwords and it says I have three, but when I click on the color reflecting terrible, it shows me all my passwords, not the three terrible ones.

EDIT: I see what it is doing. It is showing all passwords sorted by strength, so I have to scroll down. That is misleading. If the hover says "Show 3 terrible passwords" I would expect when I click to only see the 3 terrible passwords.

• fuchsr
    fuchsr
    Community Member
    Options

Much better than before!!! Two suggestions: As @jefftb suggested, hovering over the colored bar shows a pop-up "Show x terrible passwords" but then takes you to the top of the grouped (Fantastic) Password Strength list, not to Terrible. Also, in that list it would be awesome to turn the headings into drop-downs, so for example have a downward triangle next to Fantastic, and when you click on it, it rolls up all the Fantastic passwords so you won't see them anymore. Ditto for the other headings.

But all in all, a very solid improvement!

• PeterG_1P
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hey folks! Thanks for the feedback here - and I see what you're talking about, @jefftb and @fuchsr, regarding that feedback on the list is not scrolling to the section you've clicked on. As it turns out, this is something we already have an open issue for (so I'd expect this will be addressed in a subsequent update). It's great to know that we've improved the usability for you in this latest update, and our dev team appreciates the additional perspective you've provided here too.

Thanks for helping us make the app better yet - we'll keep going! 🛠

ref: dev/core/core#14056

• jefftb
    jefftb
    Community Member
    Options

This is a great enhancement, tweaks will just make it better. Thanks for listening!

• Sure thing, @jefftb. And thank you for your contributions to this process!

This discussion has been closed.