Item saved unconditionally on navigating away

Options

I start editing some item, for example a login item. I changed some data and I'm still in edit mode.
Then I click on some other item to navigate to that other item.
The changes I made to the previous item are now saved unconditionally and without any feedback. Issue: this is handled by 1Password v7 completely different: it prevents me from navigating away while I'm in edit mode.

I find this new behavior partly good, partly bad.
The good part: I wanted to navigate away, and v8 now lets me do it, regardless being in edit mode or not.
The bad part: If I changed something, I expect a popup asking me if I want to keep or discard any changes. If I didn't changed anything, getting no popup is ok of course.

Keep the behavior to let me navigate away even in edit mode. But I'd like to get a popup if I want to save or discard any changes, then navigate away. I don't want a popup if I didn't change anything. Just abort edit mode and navigate away in this case.

1Password Version: 80202061, on NIGHTLY channel
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• @Tertius3

I've tested on my end and am able to reproduce the behaviour you mentioned. You're right, we can definitely improve here. There could be some sort of warning when you're about to navigate with an option to save or discard the changes you've made. I've asked our development team to take a look and see if we can improve. Thanks for getting this on our radar!

ref: dev/core/core#10314

This discussion has been closed.