Weird copy/paste behavior btwn 1Password Early Access and Quicken, both on Windows

Options
Bikr
Bikr
Community Member

Quicken for Windows (27.1.35.31) doesn't paste the correct clipboard item directly after copying from 1Password.

If I go to 1Password, copy a password, then go to Quicken and paste, it'll paste the PREVIOUS item that was on the Windows clipboard. But if I open Notepad and paste, it will paste the correct item. Then If I copy the text from Notepad and paste it into Quicken, it does paste the latest item.

So the problem only occurs when I copy a password from 1Password Early Access, not when I copy text from any other app. I'm not sure where the bug exactly lives, but thought I'd post here in addition to sending a bug report to Quicken.

Somehow I have more faith in 1Password's support to help sort this out! šŸ¤ž

šŸ’” Testing tip: It happens in most of Quicken's text fields so it's easier to test by pasting into Quicken's search field (upper right of the window frame), so it's easier to see what's happening than testing in a password field.

1Password Version: 80202057, on BETA channel
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 21H1 (19043.1237)

Comments

• Hi @Bikr:

Thanks for reporting this. We've seen some reports of this and are investigating it.

Cheers!

ref: dev/core/core#8718

• Bikr
    Bikr
    Community Member
    Options

Glad to know 1Password is already on it! šŸ™Œ

It was a real headscratcher. I had to redo my Quicken vault password and re-enter my bank passwords a couple of times before I figured out what was going on. šŸ¤¦

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I can absolutely understand @Bikr, it must have been very confusing :) Thank you again for the report, and keep an eye out on the release notes in the future :+1:

• Bikr
    Bikr
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

[deleted]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.