Omen
Omen
Community Member
edited September 2021 in iOS

Under my identity, my birth date is stored like:

5/1/59

When it should be stored as:

05/01/1959

Storing birth dates the “pre Millenium” way causes auto fill on almost all websites to fail or incorrectly fill in the data.

The birth date, and any other stored dates (like credit cards) should be updated to the 21st century standard (USA) of mm/dd/yyyy

Comments

• jqxfxiva
    jqxfxiva
    Community Member

The birth date, and any other stored dates (like credit cards) should be updated to the 21st century standard (USA) of mm/dd/yyyy

"USA standard xD
    It should be ISO 8601, preferably adopted by W3C: https://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime

• Omen
    Omen
    Community Member

By “USA standard” I’m referring to mm/dd/yyyy instead of dd/mm/yyyy that’s used in other parts of the world. I could care less about what delimiters.are.used

• Hi @Omen:

I just checked on 1Password 7 for Windows, and creating a new identity resulted in a date of the form 9/24/2021 (m/dd/yyyy). Would you mind recreating the birth date field in your Identity item and seeing if that fixes it?

Cheers!

• Omen
    Omen
    Community Member

I think I’m in the wrong forum. I’m running 1P 7.8 on an iPhone iOS 15 that exhibits this problem. If you could move my original message, I’d appreciate it.

• Hi @Omen, indeed you're right.

I've gone ahead and double checked on my iPhone and I am seeing the same behavior with dates being truncated. With that in mind however, 1Password is storing the full 4 digit year, and I just checked on a filling testing website, and using 1Password in Safari on my iPhone was successfully able to fill the 4 digit year.

I've also moved your post to the appropriate forum. :smile:

• Omen
    Omen
    Community Member

The problem I’m noticing that’s becoming a real issue in auto fill is that most modern fillable dates require 2-digit days & months, and 4 digit years. So even if the year is stored as 4 digits, filling in 5/4/yyyy instead of 05/04/yyyy causes the web dialog much grief and fails to properly fill in the correct date.

• soshiito
    soshiito
    Community Member

In my experience the filling backend uses the stored data, not the data formatted for display in the app. The formatting is based on your system preferences, at least on desktop, but irrespective of how you have your date formatting set the filling is accurate. I'm sure if you tell AB what site you are having trouble with they can see what the underlying problem is.

• jqxfxiva
    jqxfxiva
    Community Member

By “USA standard” I’m referring to mm/dd/yyyy instead of dd/mm/yyyy that’s used in other parts of the world.

Yes, and USA is only USA. 1Password is used all over the world, not only USA. That's why W3C has standard for dates...

This discussion has been closed.