Moving from stand alone vault — Local Question

Options
The Doctor
The Doctor
Community Member
edited September 2021 in Mac

Hi guys,

Haven’t been around in a while. It’s not that I don’t love ya, but when things work I neglect our relationship 😜

Now I have two concerns since it appears I’ll be moving to a membership from stand-alone since 1p 2.x

Question 1) where does account vault 1p store the local files for when there is no network access?

Question 2) Are there any more sync options or is it all just back office with a sync indicator within the app. I’m used to seeing Dropbox spin so I know syncs are happening.

You know me…I like to understand how and why things happen. I also hate change. Hate hate hate…loathe entirely so I’m betting there will be more questions forthcoming.

Much thanks in the meantime :-)

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @The Doctor!

Question 1) where does account vault 1p store the local files for when there is no network access?

In a local database on your device, in the 1Password folder.

Question 2) Are there any more sync options or is it all just back office with a sync indicator within the app. I’m used to seeing Dropbox spin so I know syncs are happening.

Sync is automatic via 1Password.com, so there are no sync options or indicators. Indeed, you will notice that even the Sync tab will disappear from the Preferences, since there is nothing for you to configure :)

• The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member
    Options

Hiya @ag_ana,

Thanks for the quick reply...as promised...two quick follow-ups and an additional question :-)

1) When you say local database...where exactly in MacOS, e.g., within a containers tree, app support, etc?
    2) Re: Sync...is there a "last sync'ed" message so, as a user, you can confirm that a sync has occurred or do you simply have to look and make sure something you recently added has propagated to other devices?

New question: Better for offline, but I figured I would point you to it since you are already responding to these other questions. The e-mail ticket number is: #FZB-42958-597.

Again, much thanks :-)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@The Doctor:

1) When you say local database...where exactly in MacOS, e.g., within a containers tree, app support, etc?

In this folder: ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits/Library/Application Support/1Password/Data

2) Re: Sync...is there a "last sync'ed" message so, as a user, you can confirm that a sync has occurred or do you simply have to look and make sure something you recently added has propagated to other devices?

Not at the moment, but I can see how this would be useful. I will pass your suggestion to the developers :+1:

New question: Better for offline, but I figured I would point you to it since you are already responding to these other questions. The e-mail ticket number is: #FZB-42958-597.

Thank you! I see your message :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: FZB-42958-597

This discussion has been closed.