New 1Password extension once again cuts off passwords in "Reveal", no way to show more

Options

In the previous thread, I was suggested to click outside the password field to hide the "Copy" button and reveal more of the password when using "Reveal". However, with the latest update of the 1Password extension, this is no longer possible, as the password strength meter won't disappear even if I click outside the item. This means passwords that previously fit with the workaround no longer do so. When I need to enter a password somewhere and can't copy-paste (e.g. logging in to my iPhone after a factory reset) my only option is Large Type (which I consider annoying to read close to the screen), opening the item for editing (slow), or copy-pasting into a text editor.

1Password Version: 8.2.0
Extension Version: 2.1.0 (Chrome 93.0)
OS Version: Ubuntu 21.04

Comments

• ag_chantelle
    edited September 2021
    Options

@nyuszika7h

Thanks for reaching back out to us! I'm sorry for the reversion here. I've shared your findings with our development team, hopefully we can get this fixed up for you in an upcoming release. In the meantime, If you need to be able to read your password, I'd recommend doing so from the desktop client. I realize this is not ideal, but should achieve what you're after. I do apologize for the disruption to your workflow here.

ref: dev/core/core#10315

This discussion has been closed.