LastPass CSV Import Incorrect Field Mappings

Options
manishdev
manishdev
Community Member
edited September 2021 in Mac

Is there anyway to resolve these errors?

The Notes field from LastPass Import ("Extra" in CSV File) gets imported as the password Title/Name

The Title/Name of the password or secure note ("Name" in CSV file) gets imported as a Custom Field "Name"

The Folder/Category of the LastPass Entries ("Grouping" in CSV file) gets completely ignored

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.5.2

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2021
    Options

@manishdev

At some point, LastPass changed the export format, inserting a TOTP field.

I know the 1Password folks are aware of the issue, and believe they've made a fix for this, but I'm not sure which importer (e.g. Desktop, 1Password.com) has received the fix, nor which platform(s).

How / where are you doing the import?

If you are using the Desktop version of 1Password, you can use the lastpass converter in the converter suite which can handle both export formats. The instructions will walk you through the process.

• manishdev
    manishdev
    Community Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

@MrC Thanks, I'll check it out. Yes, I am using the MacOS desktop version of 1Password to do my initial Import

I was using the Lastpass Extention for Chrome & Edge to export the CSV file, and got the same results with both.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2021
    Options

Hi @manishdev

Just wondering if you were able to get your data imported?

I was using the Lastpass Extention for Chrome & Edge to export the CSV file, and got the same results with both.

Here are my comments in the lastpass converter code for a possible totp entry:

[ '_totp',       0, 'totp' ],      # not present in all exports (< 12/2020?)

I was unsure exactly when this change was made by lastpass, nor the exact versions / extensions that do or do not export a totp field. The converter doesn't care - it will just do the right thing.

This discussion has been closed.