1Password no longer available in action sheet / embedded webviews?

Options
themartorana
themartorana
Community Member

I am aware of 1Password's new Mobile Safari extension. It appears that since the extension was installed, there's no way to use 1Password in non-password fields in app-embedded webviews. It used to be that you could bring up the action sheet and summon 1Password from there, but it appears that is no longer an available option.

Is there a way to use 1Password in embedded webviews that I'm missing? Or have we lost that functionality?

1Password Version: 7.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.0

Comments

• Hi @themartorana:

Thanks for asking about this. Yes, you're right, the Safari extension has replaced the share feature. As we move forward, we're focusing our efforts on Password AutoFill and 1Password in Safari.

I can see from your screenshot you're filling a verification code. In this case, Password AutoFill is your friend as it will automatically copy the code to your Clipboard. To double check if you have Password AutoFill enabled currently to fill Logins in Firefox, here's our guide on enabling it: Use 1Password to fill and save in apps on your iPhone and iPad

Cheers!

• themartorana
    themartorana
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @jack.platten - unfortunately, it looks like AutoFill only works if you tap inside a password field. It wasn't capable of filling the username field (in this case, it's a two-step login, first username, submit, then password, which seems to be more and more common). So I had to go out to the 1password app to find my username:

Using autofill to fill my password did not in this case copy the OTP code to my clipboard (no "paste" option):

To be clear, this was not Safari, but an embedded WebView inside another app, which often have less permissions/functionality. This is a frustrating loss of functionality as you can I'm sure you can imagine.

• Hey @themartorana, I can definitely understand how that is frustrating.

I just tested using the Mozilla VPN app on my iPhone (which is what you're testing I believe), and I did get the option to AutoFill on the second screen by selecting my Mozilla account as you mentioned. As for why copying the OTP code didn't work, would you mind verifying for me that under "Password AutoFill" settings in the 1Password app, that "Auto-Copy One-Time Passwords" is enabled? Additionally, notifications are required for this feature to work. Disabling notifications for 1Password will result in the app being unable to copy the code to the Clipboard.

• themartorana
    themartorana
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @jack.platten, thanks for getting back to me. Indeed, "Auto-Copy One-Time Passwords" was not enabled. Don't know if it's not enabled by default or if I had turned it off in the past. In any case, that seemed to do the trick for copying OTPs. Thanks for that. Hopefully Apple will start letting extensions into embedded webviews...

• @themartorana Glad to hear it's working now. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.