New early access update is now available

Hello everyone, 👋

It’s the last week of September so let’s end things on a high note with a new 1Password 8 beta release! 🎵🎶

For those keeping score at home today’s build number is numbered 80202072 and includes one of your top requested features…

Those who love customizing their items rejoice! Items with customized icons can now be seen throughout the app, from item details to item lists, Quick Find, and search results. 😍

Quick Access also gets support for custom icons as well as a new Hint Bar that shows where an item is located.

You can find a full set of changes in our release notes for macOS , Windows , and Linux. Or, select the What’s New button from the feedback menu within the app.

As always, thank you so much for participating in the early access release and helping us to improve 1Password. 🙏🏻🤗

Installation

If you enjoy being on the bleeding edge and providing feedback and bug reports, you can get early access for your favourite platforms here:

Have fun and thank you for helping us shape the future of 1Password. Enjoy! ❤️

Comments

• agaton
    agaton
    Community Member

Thanks for this. Hope the ability to edit custom icons will make it the next build.

• Mystic
    Mystic
    Community Member

Oh yeah! Editing icons is the most important thing. Especially for new users.
    I noticed two problems after the update:
    1. Lags scrolling items. Only at the top of the list. I mean, you turn the mouse wheel - and it scrolls literally one pixel, you need to turn the mouse wheel a lot and then everything becomes ok. In the middle - at the bottom of the list, there is no problem.
    2. I cannot add words to the dictionary while editing a note. Right-clicking on words in notes does not work at all.

• agaton
    agaton
    Community Member

Yeah, that lag is so bad.

• fametown
    fametown
    Community Member

It could be a great addition to 1Password be a secure store for bookmarks and sync it between browsers and platforms (firefox, chrome, safari... windows, mac, ios, android...)

This discussion has been closed.