Feature request - save 2FA Backup Codes

Lazarus LongLazarus Long Junior Member

I'm setting up 2FA and using 1Password for many of my online accounts, but this request could be useful for people using other authenticator apps. As you know, some sites provide a set of "Backup Codes" which you can use in case you don't have access to your authenticator app. I'd like to request a dedicated field in the Login where we could paste in the backup codes. Obviously we could just use the Notes field but I think this is worth having it's own field. Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @Lazarus Long!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#212

• +1, a separate field would be nice to have for this. Maybe also a suggestion by 1PW when you add a TOTP that backup codes should be added too.

• +1, a seperate field would be great because we could use Markdown to cross out used Backup Codes.

• jack.plattenjack.platten

Team Member

Hi @rctneil and @ejunkie,

I've added both your voices to the feedback as well. :smile:

Thank you!

• khaosspawnkhaosspawn Junior Member

+1 from me also

While we're at it - maybe those security questions and answers? "What was your first pet?" etc.

• @khaosspawn

Security questions and answers are already available.

You can create your own question and also generate a random answer:

• PeterG_1PPeterG_1P

Team Member

Quite so, @agaton - thanks for highlighting this! 👍

• khaosspawnkhaosspawn Junior Member

Oh wow - is this in 1P7? I'm not seeing options there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file