Just moved from local vault to membership in prep for 1P8...which MacOS will be supported?

The Doctor
The Doctor
Community Member

I'm still running 10.14.6 until I, hopefully, get a new M-Series iMac.

Since 1P 8 is already in early access, I tried to find out if it will run on Mojave, but couldn't see anyone mentioning it. Can someone here confirm if 1p 8.x will run on MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave)?

Much thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @The Doctor:

I just checked with the team, and Mojave is not supported by 1Password 8. However, 1Password 7 will continue to function until you're able to use 1Password 8 on a Mac running macOS 10.15 or higher. :chuffed:

Jack

• The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member

Ug...that's a bummer. Did they happen to mention why 1Password 8 can't run on 10.14?

• @The Doctor I don't have a lot of details I'm afraid. I know that before we upped the system requirements 1Password 8 was crashing on 10.14, and that is why the current builds will not install on that OS. I think ultimately we'd like to support as far back as 10.14, but I'm not able to make any promises in that regard.

Ben

• The Doctor
    The Doctor
    Community Member
    edited September 2021

@Ben thanks for the follow-up. So, supporting 10.14 is still something that's on the table? Maybe something you put a little energy tow once you've closer to stable builds on the other MacOS versions?

FWIW, there are still a fair number of us on 10.14 because it's the last OS to support some legacy 32 bit apps, and most of us are waiting for Apple to finally release their MBP and 27+" iMacs which will come loaded with Monterey.

Hopefully, whatever is causing 1P 8 to crash on 10.14 is relatively minor so you guys are able to support it, at least initially.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@The Doctor:

I think this is too early to say either way, but we can certainly let the developers know about your use case. All feedback is useful :+1:

This discussion has been closed.