2FA for Adobe

Options
Dawnriser
Dawnriser
Community Member

1Password prompts me to use 2FA in Adobe. It says I can store the code in 1Password but then offers the camera to scan a QR Code.
When I select 2FA on my Adobe account it prompts me to download a phone app to authenticate my login. There is no QR code. So how do I retrieve the 2FA code from 1Password to login into my Adobe account when there appears to be no way to link 1Password's authenticator/code generator to Adobe?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS15

Comments

• Hi @Dawnriser:

Thanks for reporting this. It seems like Adobe has recently deprecated using standard OTP codes for Adobe accounts. I've previously set up 1Password as an authenticator with my Adobe account, and if I attempt to turn it off in Adobe, I get a warning that it's no longer supported and I won't be able to reenable it.

I'm checking internally to see if we can remove Adobe as offering 2FA that can be saved in 1Password to avoid this confusion. To remove the banner so you're no longer warned about it in Watchtower, if you're seeing this in the 1Password for iOS app you can add the tag 2FA and that will remove the banner, or in 1Password in Safari on iOS you can expand the banner by tapping the right pointing arrow and selecting "Don't Save in 1Password" and that will add the tag as well.

Jack

• Dawnriser
    Dawnriser
    Community Member
    edited September 2021
    Options

Thank you. 2FA tag added and the banner has been removed.

• Hi @Dawnriser, you're welcome! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.