1Password in the Browser uses 1Password.com instead of desktop app for new items

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password for Safari app integration.

Comments

• a.jaffe
    a.jaffe
    Community Member
    edited September 2021

I don't know if this is the same issue, but when I try "+ New Item" from the Safari extension toolbar icon, it sends me to the web app rather than 1Password 8.

Details: "1 Password for Safari" 2.1.0, 1P 8.2.2 80202072.

• Hi @a.jaffe

That's a different case. :) At present 1Password in the Browser always directs new item creation to 1Password.com, rather than the desktop apps. We haven't implemented a link between the two for new item creation, yet. Hopefully that is something we'll be able to do in the future. :+1:

Ben

• a.jaffe
    a.jaffe
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Ok -- this is a much worse experience than previously for this case. Please do implement this. (Is this discussed elsewhere? It is such a big change that I'm surprised it hasn't been covered more!)

• Thanks @a.jaffe. I agree; it would be nice to use the desktop app for this instead of 1Password.com. I'm not aware of any other discussions about this off-hand, but I have filed your feedback with the team.

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#8919

• yardarm_playpen
    yardarm_playpen
    Community Member

There's an inconsistency here. If you generate a password and select autofill, it will attempt to create the entry without opening 1password.com, but if you open the popup and click "new" it opens the website.

I too prefer to avoid 1password.com.

• PeterG_1P
    edited September 2021

We appreciate this, @yardarm_playpen. Thanks for your feedback! We'll do our best to make the flow between (and within) apps as intuitive and consistent as possible. Thanks for highlighting this.

This discussion has been closed.