New extension doesn't show enough information about entries

Options

I have a few websites which I have a few dozen login entries for. The previous 1password extension made choosing between these easy, the new extension has some rough edges. Here are a couple use cases. Maybe these are intentional changes and maybe not. I'm not trying to complain here, just provide some useful user feedback after switching to 1p8 and the "new browser extension" for a week or so.

• For Amazon, I have 15 accounts. Each with the name of a client for whom I manage their amazon account, in addition to my own personal accounts.
  • Some of the clients store their password in their own vault and share access with me and others have just given me the password and I store it in my own vault for that client.
  • Visiting an amazon page and opening the browser dialog, some password entries which are stored in customer vaults no longer show up when they used to. Checking the "website" field on the entry for that password shows the correct website, and the vault is active as part of "all vaults". The only way to retrieve the password is to change the filter from "suggestions" to "all items" and manually search for the item in the extension.
  • When pulling up the list of accounts, the old behavior was that the search field searched "within" the suggested results. The current behavior searches "all items" regardless of what the filter dropdown is set to. I'm not saying this is a bad change, but it seems inconsistent given the interface.
  • When a long list of accounts is provided, sometimes the name on the card is insufficient and the email address is needed to decide which choice is correct. The old extension made it easy to resize the window to see everything whereas the new does not resize. This means that long usernames and/or email addresses are truncated with an ellipses. The new larger text size and generous application of margins and padding within the design also eat some of the space which used to be present.
  • Additionally, when using the mouse to select the correct item, you must intentionally not follow your eye with the mouse as is natural. Doing so reduces the visible data because whenever an entry is "under the mouse" it shows an "Autofill" button which covers 1/3 of the space where the text can be shown. The autofill button here is redundant with the button which has existed for some time on the top right of the card, but it is useful. The way it's revealed means I have to intentionally stop using the mouse until I'm ready to click it, having just used the mouse to click the 1pass activation button. This would be less of an issue if the keyboard shortcut to activate 1pass did work, because then I wouldn't even be touching the mouse.

Cheers!
Hope that's helpful

1Password Version: 80202077, on NIGHTLY channel
Extension Version: firefox version 2.1.0
OS Version: macos

This discussion has been closed.