Family Shared Vault Not Syncing

Options
rsstorey
rsstorey
Community Member

I recently moved from to 1Password Family. I maintain and manage all of my passwords within my Personal Vault for my account either on my iMac or my iOS device. I will then copy all of the items from my Personal vault to the Shared vault (default). When I set up my wife's iPhone and iPad there were not issues, everything in the Shared vault was there.

However, when I make a change for example, create a new login entry, I will copy it from my Personal vault to the Shared vault. I will go to my wife's iPhone or iPad and that new entry is not there. I don't know if the Shared vault is stored in a cloud environment and then downloaded to the iOS device or if the iOS device directly connect to the Shared vault from the cloud environment (nothing stored on the iOS device). I've looked to see if there was a way to sync the items on the iOS device and could not find anything.

Am I doing something incorrect?

Appreciate any assistance.

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: macOS 11.6 iOS 15

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rsstorey!

However, when I make a change for example, create a new login entry, I will copy it from my Personal vault to the Shared vault. I will go to my wife's iPhone or iPad and that new entry is not there.

The problem could be either on your end, or on her end, so we need to investigate. If you login to your Families account on 1Password.com in a browser, is the item showing up in the web Shared vault there? If it does, then we can look at your wife's configuration. If the item is not there at all however, we will have to look into your configuration.

This discussion has been closed.