Backup functionality or cleartext CSV export missing

Options

I know there is a recovery option in 1Password itself eg in case of death. But with 1Password 7 I used to have a hardcopy printout of vault data to be stored in a safe. In addition I need a clear-text export option also to be stored in a bank/safe so in case of an emergency recovery is also possible for people not used to the 1password recovery mechanism.
Count me old-school, but this gives a better feeling …

Was that option removed completely? Or will it be recovered?
How is the exported .1pux file to be used?

1Password Version: 8.2.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

I too would like a cleartext export option. I also have a secure place I would like to place a copy just incase.

• BoernyMcBee
    BoernyMcBee
    Community Member
    Options

yes, and let's not forget: there are places in the world, where there is no connectivity. I also need to be able to restore the database without being connected. This is where 1Password 7 shines … and I feel left out on 1Password 8.

• PeterG_1P
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hi @BoernyMcBee, thanks for letting us know that this is a priority for you. The team is working on robust export options, but there isn't too much we can share about that yet. However, it is an ongoing area of focus. 👍

I'll make sure to add your comments here to our internal discussion. Thanks again to you and @rctneil for the request!

ref: dev/core/core#9570

This discussion has been closed.