Touch ID isn't being used for the past week

elyran
elyran
Community Member

one of the latest updates of 1Password broke Touch ID.
the app and the chrome extension ALWAYS requires the master password instead of letting me use Touch ID to open my vault.
Did anyone else encountered this problem? Tried to disable and re-enable TID in 1P settings, it didn’t help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @elyran!

the app and the chrome extension ALWAYS requires the master password instead of letting me use Touch ID to open my vault.

What versions of the 1Password desktop app and of the 1Password browser extension is this happening with?

• elyran
    elyran
    Community Member

Hi, the app is from the mac app store and now on version 7.8.8.
    and the chrome extension is 2.1.1.

Hope this will get fixed soon! Usability has taken a huge hit with this problem...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@elyran:

Can you please send us some logs so we can take a closer look for you?

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• drewwt
    drewwt
    Community Member

Same was happening for me with Brave.

Brave Version 1.30.89, 1P version 7.9

I think I fixed it by closing out 1Password completely and then reopening.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing this @drewwt, it might indeed be worth a try :+1:

• alohadiva
    alohadiva
    Community Member

Been struggling with this for nearly 3 weeks. Thank god I have iPad. Desktop seems immune, and believe me I download emergency kit every time I change the master password....to no avail.
    Think I will uninstall OS version and reinstall to see if any hope...but still, issues w Master pw.
    have been trying to find a way to select all/move&copy from IOS to OS, via OS preferences: sidecar. Really struggling. Customer support has been great, but still no fix.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@alohadiva:

Desktop seems immune, and believe me I download emergency kit every time I change the master password....to no avail.

Is this related to the Touch ID issue? Can you please elaborate?

• alohadiva
    alohadiva
    Community Member

Thanks for responding. I got this late. Hawaii Time. Please see response I sent to Ben. Itemized issues. elaborated there.
    I really appreciate discovering this Forum. Faster, real time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood, thank you :+1:

This discussion has been closed.