1Password icon fails to appear

Options

Hi
The 1Password icon has stopped appearing in the username and password fields when I open a website on my Chrome browser to sign into an account such as my Google account, PayPal, bank or any other account. The icon has vanished. I've had to log into 1Password, retrieve the randomly generated password for the particular account I want to log into, copy the 1Password password then manually type it into the password field to log into every account I have e.g. my Google, Pay Pal etc. I've checked my browser's settings and the password manager autofill listed 1Password in control. How can I fix this problem so that 1Password icon reappears to the right of each field and autofills my username and passwords? How did it happen in the first place?

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Wilson2013 ,
    Please try the following:

1. Open Chrome and type chrome://extensions in the address bar, then hit Enter.
    2. Make sure that 1Password is installed and present there, and that it is turned on.
    3. Pin 1Password's icon to your Chrome's toolbar: https://support.1password.com/missing-browser-button/
    4. Restart your computer.
    5. Open Chrome, then click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of Chrome's toolbar and unlock it.
    6. Test and see if it now shows up and works as expected.

Did that help?

• Wilson2013
    Wilson2013
    Community Member
    Options

I will give it a go. Thanks for responding. I appreciate it so much. Will let you know how I go.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

My pleasure :chuffed:

• Wilson2013
    Wilson2013
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again
    My apologies for not acknowledging your help earlier. I've been offline for a bit. The problem I had with the icon, has been resolved. I checked the extensions I have on my browser. 1Password was active so I turned it off, restarted my computer then turned it back on! Presto. Fixed. It was like pulling out the cord from the socket, wait 5 mins then plug in again and turn everything back on.
    Thanks to each community member who responded.

• miles.parker
    miles.parker
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's awesome to hear the issue has been resolved ❤

If anything should arise in the future that we can assist with please contact us, we are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.