Bitwarden Send for 1Password (Feature Request)

Oddycm
Oddycm
Community Member

I believe adding a feature equivalent to Bitwarden Send to 1Password would be welcomed by many users.

I understand that 1Password has the capability to share data in Family and Teams accounts, however, Bitwarden Send allows for sharing with people that are not on 1Password. There is a nice YouTube video to show it in action.

My hope is if such a feature is added in the future it would be accessible to Personal Account subscribers as well, after all everyone needs to share data every now and then.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Oddycm!

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

• Hi @Oddycm

We're rolling out a new feature today that may help. :)

Psst! Now you can securely share 1Password items with anyone

Ben

• Oddycm
    Oddycm
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben!

What perfect timing, this is exactly what I was hoping for. Many thanks 1Password team! 😁

It seems that documents are not supported as I get a “Sharing of documents is unsupported” message. Perhaps it’s the storage requirement that are holding back support for documents, but that’s just a guess. Hopefully support for this will be implemented in the future.

• Glad to hear you like it @Oddycm!

I've made sure your input for supporting sending files/documents has been shared internally as well. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.