1Password 8: Unable to change keyboard shortcuts

Options

Unable to change keyboard shortcut, it remains the default "cmd+\" even though I changed it in preference.

1Password Version: 8.2.2
Extension Version: for Safari 2.1.2
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Seeee

I'd be happy to help with this. Could you please let me know what you were attempting to change it to? Is it possible that the desired shortcut is already in use elsewhere on your system?

Thanks!

Ben

• Seeee
    Seeee
    Community Member
    edited October 2021
    Options

I want to change it to "alt + ` ".

I was using "alt + ` " for my 1Password 7, and it works perfectly. Now I already removed 1Password 7 and in my system there's only 1Password 8 beta and 1Password for Safari.

• jcassee
    jcassee
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

Never mind, keyboard shortcuts can be changed in the settings screen now: :)

@Ben The Linux app (8.3.1) uses ctrl-shift-space to open quick search. However, applications like IDE's, editors and even some of my terminal apps use the same shortcut. I'd like to change the 1Password shortcut to use something that includes the Super (Windows) key, as it is usually involved in global shortcuts. Is that possible?

(By the way, ctrl-/ no longer opens 1Password since a few versions, but I never cared for that particular shortcut anyway.)

• Quite so, @jcassee! Thanks for highlighting this.

@Seeee , you should indeed be able to change this in the Settings > General menu of your 1Password 8 app. If you don't see this option there, or experience some problem with it, let us know and we'll be happy to help. 😀

This discussion has been closed.