"iCloud and one vault" the elephant in the room

jprokos2
jprokos2
Community Member

Would someone on the team address the obvious. It appears to many that the real issue in allowing more than one vault on iCloud is that it would harm your new revenue stream - memberships. It's nice that you have kept Dropbox for as long as you have - it's a multi-platform cloud service so it makes since to keep it versus putting effort into supporting iCloud which would only work for your Mac users and harm revenue.

It is a brilliant and fiscally responsible idea to move to a monthly subscription plan for your own cloud service, but many folks are just getting by and between their ink cartridges and every piece of software moving to a monthly payment... their tech lives are getting quite expensive.

I remember the days when Thanksgiving meant a special gift from Agilebits.

Owner of 1Password 2,3,4,5,6,7 licenses.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2021

Hi @jprokos2!

First of all, thank you for the feedback and for your support over all these 1Password versions :)

I am not a developer so I am not sure if there were also technical reasons to only support a single vault in iCloud, but I think that might have been a reason. I think that since we supported multiple vaults on Dropbox already, I don't see what would have changed if we supported the same on iCloud, so I am sure our developers made an informed decision back then.

• jprokos2
    jprokos2
    Community Member
    edited December 2021

Why were comments from Byron Polley removed from this conversation? Please add them back.

This discussion has been closed.