Input field history not working

Options

Hello!
Sorry for my english! :)

When I turn on the 1P Chrome extension, the input field "history" not working. But when I turn off the 1P extension and reload the page, the input field "history" is available.

Here is the video: https://share.getcloudapp.com/4gulk7Xj

Is this a setup option or a bug?

Thank you for your reply!

Daniel

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: 2.1.1
OS Version: 11.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @danielvigh!

This is the correct behavior when 1Password is enabled, or you would risk getting multiple suggestions, some from 1Password and some from the browser. If you would like your browser to suggest email addresses, you need to turn off the option to make 1Password the default password manager:

Now in your browser settings, you can choose which suggestions to get from the browser directly :+1:

• danielvigh
    danielvigh
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @ag_ana !

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @danielvigh! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• danielvigh
    danielvigh
    Community Member
    Options

Dear @ag_ana !

Sorry, one more question. What causes the following? https://share.getcloudapp.com/Kou70G88

It offers the wrong email address in the browser, but if I click on it from the app, it brings up the good email address.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danielvigh:

There seems to be some interference on this website with the Chrome suggestions: the first suggestion is coming from Chrome rather than from 1Password. I assume somehow the Chrome email suggestions has priority after turning off 1Password from being the default password manager. When you launch the website from 1Password directly, perhaps it is able to become the first options and overtake the Chrome suggestion.

• danielvigh
    danielvigh
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana :

I understand, thank you. Is there a solution for this? The problem only occurs on this website, not elsewhere.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @danielvigh ,

Looking at your video again, it seems that 1Password thinks this is a registration form and not a login form, so it offers you the email address you have in your identity item, which seems to be different than the one in your login item for this website.

I've forwarded this to our developers so they can improve this in a future update :)

ref: dev/core/core#10525

• danielvigh
    danielvigh
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @ag_yaron ! :)

• On behalf of Yaron, you're welcome @danielvigh! :smile:

• danielvigh
    danielvigh
    Community Member
    Options

Do you know which update will include the fix?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Not yet @danielvigh, but you can keep an eye out on the release notes, our developers will write it there once they have been able to look at this :+1:

You will see the release notes also directly inside the extension after every update, but the website is useful in case you missed them.

This discussion has been closed.