Enter key not auto filling after unlock

The behavior of the Microsoft Edge extension changed recently. To autofill after a restart I must

1. Press my hotkey (CTRL + SHIFT + X)
  2. Press Enter to trigger the Open 1Password button
  3. Click autofill using the mouse

Before I cloud press Enter on the keyboard and it would autofill the first matching login for the current web page.

Is anyone testing 1Password in browsers without using a mouse? It has been very hit and miss lately. This worked flawlessly in 1Password 3 which I used for many years before browsers started changing their APIs and had I to upgrade.

1Password Version: 7.8.820
Extension Version: 2.1.0
OS Version: Windows 10 21H1

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2021

Hey @Gabriel Smoljár ,

I'm not entirely sure I understand step #2 in your description, but it sounds like your extension is integrated with the 1Password desktop app, so when you press CTRL+SHIFT+X, it actually opens the desktop app's unlock screen. After you enter your password and hit Enter, the desktop app disappears and the extension window remains open, but it is not in focus so hitting Enter (or arrow keys to navigate) does nothing. If you press CMD+SHIFT+X and bring up the extension window again, then it would work (as long as the extension is already unlocked).

Is that what you are encountering?

ref: dev/core/core#10299

• Gabriel Smoljár
    Gabriel Smoljár
    Community Member

Yes that is what is happening. After unlocking extension window is still open but not in focus.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for confirming.
    The developers are already aware of that, hopefully a fix will be implemented soon.

Thank you for reporting this :)

This discussion has been closed.