No longer getting any in-field suggestions on any site, but did until recently

I was on the latest beta and noticed that I was no longer getting in-field suggestions when logging into sites that always did that before, like banking sites, etc. So I installed the latest official release (1Password 7 Version 7.8.8 (70808005)) and it still isn't working. I should mention I'm on the latest development seed of Monterrey (seed 9) but it was working previously. If I use cmd-\, it fills in just fine, or if I autofill with the safari extension by clicking it, but unlike iOS 15, I'm not seeing in-field suggestions on Safari in Monterrey. Thoughts? Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.8.8
Extension Version: 7.8.8
OS Version: macOS 12.0 Beta (21A5543b)

Comments

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member

Just double-checked my preferences and they have not changed and should be fine for inline suggestions. Not sure why this is not working anymore.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @dtoub ,

Sounds like an unexpected glitch with that last build of your OS. Have you tried restarting your computer yet? If not, please do so now.
    I'd also recommend disabling any other extensions in Safari, removing the 1Password app from your computer and reinstalling it (so that it would reinstall the extension in Safari), and resetting Safari's settings to default.

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member

Yes I restarted and did reinstall 1PW. Nothing changed otherwise on my system except for a new build of Monterrey but I’m not hearing of this happening to anyone else. Have gone back to iCloud password integration for now but certainly prefer 1PW. Would the 1PW troubleshooting utility help in terms of submitting logs?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

I don't think it would in this particular instance.

I do think you should try to reset Safari's experimental features though. Please try this:

1. In Safari's preferences -> Advanced , enable the "Show develop menu in menu bar" option.
    2. Click the "Develop" menu in the top menu bar and navigate to "Experimental features" -> Scroll to the bottom and select "Reset all to default".
    3. Quit Safari completely.
    4. Quit 1Password completely (make sure there's no 1Password icon in your menu bar).
    5. Relaunch 1Password, then relaunch Safari and see if that helped.
  • dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member

Thanks. That unfortunately did not work. If I sign out of LinkedIn for example, I get no inline suggestions. Autofill does work, so there's that, but it's weird that this just disappeared as a function. Note the 1PW icon in the login field but no suggestions. Thanks.

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    edited October 2021

One thing that might have some bearing though: If I uncheck the 1PW extension in Safari Preferences, I cannot re-enable it. I have to literately restart my browser to do that.

I also deleted 1PW 7 and reinstalled completely other than prefs, and no change.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the info @dtoub .
    It does begin to sound like an issue with the latest OS build and our 1Password 7 app.

At this point I would suggest you jump on board our latest 1Password 8 beta and use the newer 1Password for Safari (available in the App store). Care to give that a try? :)

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member

I was thinking the same. Will get back to you after trying that. Thanks.

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member

That worked. Now if the integration with Alfred would return, this would be perfect ;-). Thanks very much.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear it! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.