Resizable window (or configurable size)

Options

Why isn't the extensions window resizable? Or, at least, allow users to configure the size of the window in the settings.

I have thousands of entries in 1Password and many of them are "long" and I can't distinguish between them when searching...it's really annoying and I'm thinking of moving back to something else than 1Password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: Windows 10, Firefox

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hey @grongor ,

If you click the three dots icon on the top right corner of a login entry, you can select "Open in a new window", which will open a new resizable window for you to work with.

Regardless, we're hoping to make the main window resizable at some point as well. Thanks for bringing this up :)

ref: dev/core/core#285

• grongor
    grongor
    Community Member
    Options

This is how the "resizable window" looks like when I resize it all the way:

Which is useless. I need to see the whole names of entries when searching, simply because I have multiple entries for the same sites and I differentiate between those by the entry name.

I've seen multiple questions/reports on this issue and you always respond with "we'll do it at some point", which is just sad. As a developer, I know that implementing this is trivial. Lack of this functionality makes 1Password unusable for some use cases.

I can deal with the fact that I can't edit the entry directly from the extension. It's not ideal, but it isn't that frequent so I can deal with it. But to be forced to open my.1password.com just so I see the search results...that just doesn't make sense. The most basic UX fail.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @grongor ,

Thanks for the input and additional feedback here, much appreciated.

I can deal with the fact that I can't edit the entry directly from the extension. It's not ideal, but it isn't that frequent so I can deal with it.

You can, if the extension is integrated with the 1Password desktop app. When you hit the Edit button, it will open an edit window over the extension in which you can fully edit the item without opening it on our website.

I'll forward the rest of your input to the team.
    Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.