Where is Masked Email for iOS?

johnsnow
johnsnow
Community Member

Hi guys,

Apologies for brevity, but the roll out of this feature seem to be extremely lazy.

Nowhere on the website can I find any info if this works in iOS??

What use is integration with fastmail if it only works on 1Password desktop?

At the very least, this should be properly mentioned somewhere, currently only supported on pc and mac.

Which brings me to the conclusion of a subpar roll out experience.

Honest feedback, hope it is taken constructively

Comments

• Hi @johnsnow

Good news: Masked Email is available on iOS 15 with the use of the new 1Password for Safari web extension. 😁🎉

Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

I hope that helps!

Ben

• toddies
    toddies
    Community Member
    edited December 2021

What if I want to register an account for an app? It’s not in a webpage that I can use Safari.
    Even with this 1password forum, when I try to create an account and reply to this post, I cannot find where to create new email address with iOS safari plugin. Sarcastically (?)I actually used iCloud “hide my email” for this in the end, much better experience. I don’t expect third party app can do the same but please at least functional.
    There is nowhere in app or Safari to access Masked Email at all.

• Hi @toddies

At this time Masked Email is not available in non-Safari 3rd party apps. This level of integration isn't currently possible with the APIs available on iOS, I'm afraid. Hopefully that'll be expanded in future versions of iOS so that we can bring Masked Email and other features (like identity filling) to more apps.

Even with this 1password forum, when I try to create an account and reply to this post, I cannot find where to create new email address with iOS safari plugin

Are you running iOS 15? Have you enabled the new Safari Web Extension? I'm not seeing the extension at all in your screenshot. 🤔

Please let me know.

Ben

• doe0john
    doe0john
    Community Member
    edited April 2022

@Ben , why can’t you put Masked Email within the create new login page in 1Password? Like, where the Username or Email input field is.

Regards

• Hi @doe0john:

As it currently stands, creating Masked Emails on iOS would require using 1Password for Safari. As Ben mentioned hopefully in the future we can expand to more places.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.