Where does Fastmail integration work?

Options

I am using various site's change email address pages and an option to generate a new Fastmail alias never shows up.

I am on Safari 15.1b, using 1Password for Safari 2.1.2. All I get is a drop out of older email addresses for the site.

1Password Version: 80202080, on BETA channel
Extension Version: 2.1.2
OS Version: 12.0 Beta (21A5543b)

Comments

• sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member
    Options

I got this to work on a create account screen by logging into Fastmail and reviewing access. Then it enabled in Safari. However, Safari's autofill popup shows on top of 1Password's popup, so it's completely covered unless I disable all of Safari's autofill functionality.

Note that even with all of Safari's autofill disabled, it still suggests a new password on their change password field, so this might be another point of UI conflict.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @sriggins ,

We're currently investigating adding the ability to generate new email aliases manually without needing 1Password's inline suggestions to suggest one, which will improve some scenarios including the "Change email" forms, so you won't need to get to the signup form of the website.

As for Safari's autofill suggestions, we do recommend disabling the browser's built-in autofill because 1Password was not designed to work alongside another autofill provider: https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/

Once you disable it as instructed in the link above, 1Password should be the only one showing up and suggesting stuff for you.

• sriggins
    sriggins
    Community Member
    Options

Sounds good

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.